Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Christine" Video on YouTube

True Story!
All the Best,
Garland

"Christine" on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shO270_HcXY
To receive Garland's monthly newsletter (with the latest news, world tour and new album updates and more), send your email address to cmjeffreys@aol.com.
From the album Escape Artist (1982)
Music & Lyrics by Garland Jeffreys

CHRISTINE
You caught my eye when you came into view
I met you on some New York City avenue
I liked your smile, your style and your grace
Your sexy walk could light up anyplace
You said to me you just came in from Paris
I said to you well I'd like to get to know you
You said to me you're shy and a bit embarrassed
I said to you there are some things I want to show you
Christine, Christine

Oh I soon found out it was more than fascination
I soon found out she was much more than a cheap imitation
I held her hand and we got closer
Felt like a man and not some kind of poseur
Yes it's true she just came in from Paris
Her French perfume I got to know it better
She talked of love and poetry and marriage
Then I discovered that love letter
Christine, Christine

She caught my eye when she came into view
I met her on a New York avenue
I liked her smile, her style and her grace
Her sexy walk could light up anyplace
She said to me she must go back to Paris
I said to her please don't you do it to me
She said to me I got another boyfriend
I said to her why the hell didn't you tell me
Christine, Christine

No comments: