Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Video for "Nothing Big in Sight" with Sonny Rollins


"Nothing Big in Sight" video with Garland Jeffreys and Sonny Rollins at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrWWjgHy0WU

This video captures one of the very special moments in my music experience. What a thrill to be on stage with one of the true masters. Hope you enjoy.
Your artist,
G

To receive Garland's monthly email newsletter, send a message to cmjeffreys@aol.com.
NOTHING BIG IN SIGHT
Words & Music by Garland Jeffreys

Nothing big in sight
I've been playin' all the clubs
Doing what I like
There's a lot of push and shove
Baby, there's nothing big in sight
All the critics love to say
Comin' on down to see you on Friday night
'Cuz I want to hear you play
There's nothing big in sight

Used to be a dishpan man
In a fancy restaurant
Now I'm here before you folks
And I'm doing what I want
But there's nothing big in sight
Seen my picture in the Post
with a Mona Lisa smile
Now I'm standin' right here before you folks
and I hope you like my style

Cuz' there's nothing big in sight
I've been playin' all the clubs
Doin' what I like
Doin' what I love
Baby, there's nothing big in sight
Every single critic loves to say
Comin' on down to see you on Monday night
'Cuz I love to hear you play
Comin' on down to see you on Tuesday night
Goin' see ya on Wednesday night
Gonna try to fit you in on Thursday night
Squeeze you in on a Friday
But there's nothing
Nothing big in sight

No comments: